We are developing positron emission tomography (PET) tracers that diagnose neurological disorders. There are several tracers currently in the pipeline which show high specificity for the NMDA and cannabinoid receptors.
Leading tracer worldwide, patent-protected
1st to market
Only tracer for early detection of neurological degeneration.
In clinical trials
Clinical trials are ongoing in Europe and will begin in the US in Autumn
Prizes and Awards
- Startup Campus Award
- ETH Silver Medal
- Robert Eder-Fonds Prize
- German Society of Nuclear Medicine, Best Presentation Award
- Alavi Mandell Award
- Journal of Nuclear Medicine (JNM), Featured Article of the Month
- SNMMI ERF RPSC Young Investigator Awards Symposium, 1st and 2nd place
List of Media Appearances
- Novel PET Imaging Agent Could Help Guide Therapy for Brain Diseases (neurosciencenews.com)
- New PET tracer may be useful in imaging neurologic diseases such as MS (mdlinx.com)
- Novel PET imaging agent could help guide therapy for brain diseases (eurekalert.org)
- Novel PET imaging agent could help guide therapy for brain diseases(medicalxpress.com)
- New PET imaging agent may help assess, treat brain diseases (upi.com)
- Markersubstanz für die Erforschung neurologischer Krankheiten (mta-dialog.de)
- Novel PET imaging agent could help guide therapy for brain diseases (sciencedaily.com)
- Novel PET Imaging Agent Could Help Guide Therapy for Brain Diseases (wci-ici.org)
List of Scientific Publications
We are happy to report that our research has been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Note that the following links may be available for journal subscribers only.
Ahmed, H., Wallimann, R., Haider, A., Hosseini, V., Gruber, S., Robledo, M., Nguyen, T.A., Herde, A.M., Iten, I., Keller, C. and Vogel, V. et al. Preclinical Development of 18F-OF-NB1 for Imaging GluN2B-Containing N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptors and its Utility as a Biomarker for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2020 July 31;pp.jnumed-120.
Ahmed H, Haider A, Varisco J, Stanković M, Wallimann R, Gruber S, et al. Structure–Affinity Relationships of 2,3,4,5-Tetrahydro-1H-3-benzazepine and 6,7,8,9-Tetrahydro-5H-benzoannulen-7-amine Analogues and the Discovery of a Radiofluorinated 2,3,4,5-Tetrahydro-1H-3-benzazepine Congener for Imaging GluN2B Subunit-Containing N-Methyl-d-aspartate Receptors. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2019 Oct 28;62(21):9450-70.
Haider A, Iten I, Ahmed H, Herde AM, Gruber S, Krämer SD, et al. Identification and Preclinical Evaluation of a Radiofluorinated Benzazepine Derivative for Imaging the GluN2B Subunit of the Ionotropic NMDA Receptor. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2019 February 1;60(2):259-66.
Haider A, Herde AM, Krämer SD, Varisco J, Keller C, Frauenknecht K, et al. Preclinical Evaluation of Benzazepine-Based PET Radioligands (R)- and (S)-11C-Me-NB1 Reveals Distinct Enantiomeric Binding Patterns and a Tightrope Walk Between GluN2B- and σ1-Receptor–Targeted PET Imaging. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2019 August 1;60(8):1167-73.
Krämer SD, Betzel T, Mu L, Haider A, Herde AM, Boninsegni AK, et al. Evaluation of 11C-Me-NB1 as a Potential PET Radioligand for Measuring GluN2B-Containing NMDA Receptors, Drug Occupancy, and Receptor Cross Talk. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2018 April 1;59(4):698-703.